GADGETS | Live with the King

This is personal. My smartphone that's not even a year old yet totally went dead on me. None of the combination of long presses of buttons to restart it worked. Even the repair guy couldn't revive it. Worse, it happened while I was confined at the hospital and when I needed a phone not just for communication but to keep myself entertained as well.

I started to question my preference for that brand (which we shall not name), and then I saw this:

2

The Huawei Nexus 6P!

Touted as the King of Android, I was intrigued. I honestly haven't used a Huawei phone before but given its dominance in the field of telecommunications equipment (microwave, transmission, core equipment -- you name it), I suppose they're more than capable of producing a quality smartphone. I haven't seen a Nexus 6P up close yet but its features are quite impressive and very tempting. I'm no tech geek but the following appeal to me a lot:

1. A powerful camera that's not afraid of low light
This is probably the feature that's most important to me in any smartphone. Yes, I do have a proper camera but I don't go lugging it around with me all the time. What I -- and probably most people -- have are our smartphones. I take heaps of photos with my phone, a lot of which I even use for my blog, so it's important to me that they're good. The Huawei Nexus 6P's 12.3-megapixel camera sounds good and I'm happy to note that it also promises to capture more light, an ideal must-have for those indoor shots, especially in dimly lit spaces. It being a Nexus phone, it doesn't hurt that it also already comes packed with Google Camera and Google Photos.

2. Faster than ever performance
It comes with the latest octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor. It's gonna be really fast. 'Nuff said.

3. Fast charging
In this day and age we're almost always in a hurry. No one has time to wait for their phones to be fully charged anymore. Sure, there are a variety of power banks available but who really wants to be holding both phone and power bank when you're up and about in some place or event? I know they serve a purpose, in emergency situations especially, but I think it's still best that your phone is capable of charging really fast. So props to Huawei on this one!

P.S. The Nexus 6P's battery is also said to be long-lasting.

4. The latest Android software and all things Google
With the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow for its OS, this phone promises the best Android experience yet. And of course, it comes pre-installed with all the Google apps that you need: Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Chrome, and more. That's why it's the King.

Back 5

5. Impressive design
It's a handsome-looking smartphone with a full metal unibody, 3D curved glass, a brilliant screen display, an ergonomic fingerprint sensor for security and easy access, a nice curved design for better grip, and more. No one wants an ugly phone, and the Nexus 6P is definitely not one.

***************
By the looks of it, I think I want my hands on one soon. Besides, I think it's time for a change. After all, we have a new president now.

For more information on the Huawei Nexus 6P's specs, check out http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/nexus6p/. You're likely to love it as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler