FRAGRANCE | L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake

For weeks now I've been alternating between two fragrances I thought were suited for the hot and humid summer here in the tropics. First up is L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme by Issey Miyake.

issey miyake l'eau d'issey 01

The scent is packaged in a bottle with a slight diagonal twisted design and a matte finish. Though I prefer sturdy and straightforward bottles, I find this somewhat cool and edgy.

L'Eau d'Issey is a complex mix of ingredients that altogether produce a fresh scent that's, yes, best suited for warmer months. It starts off with a mild citrusy note that quickly settles into some light floral musk. I don't know how to put in properly but it has a faint powdery tinge to it. But then maybe it's just me.

I find its projection to be just about average but when you're out in the sun and you're on the brink of sweating, everything is ramped up instantaneously. Nonetheless, it still comes off as fresh and pleasant, and I don't find it offensive at all (nor have I heard anyone complain about it either). I just don't think it lasts very long, though.

issey miyake l'eau d'issey 02

My issues on projection and longevity aside, I still think L'Eau d'Issey is an ideal scent for spring/summer, and which is better suited for daytime use. Apply generously if you must.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler