[Lookbook 03.14.2014] Deception

01ADM_2283

When people at the office first saw me this morning, they were all wondering why I looked so "formal" on a Friday (in our office culture, a long-sleeved shirt is already considered formal). These were the people who only saw half of me and were so easily deceived. Well, their sense of wonderment instantly vanished when they saw the full getup.

02ADM_2265

Haha! It's a Friday, for crying out loud! Of course I wouldn't wear anything "formal." So anyhow, I finally tried on these cropped pants I got last December. The challenge, of cousre, was how to dress it up for work (although strictly speaking, they probably still won't qualify as office-appropriate).

The first and easiest step was to wear a long-sleeved shirt. I picked white because apart from being the safest, it neutralizes the "shock factor." Or at least I think it does. I also thought of adding a bow tie or some suspenders but quickly decided against them. Let's keep the top simple, I thought.

The next decision was about the shoes and whether or not to wear socks. I chose my funny-looking lace-ups and since I'd be reporting for work, I thought I'd only be showing too much leg if I didn't cover up. I originally wanted reddish socks but they weren't high enough, so I settled for this blue and maroon striped number. Then some nerdy glasses to complete the look.

On another note, I was alone at home and there was no one to take my photos. So I made do with my camera's timer and actually enjoyed the process. I pulled along Mr Deer here to join me and unlike our cats, he was very cooperative. Haha! Oh please, just indulge me.

03ADM_2240
04ADM_2231
05ADM_2323
06ADM_2255
07ADM_2318
08ADM_2274
09ADM_2297
10ADM_2304

Happy weekend, everyone!

Comments

  1. Great outfit! I love how you have spiced it up with rolled up pats and colourful socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes the camera timer...my old friend lol. I really love the shock factor at first I thought it was a simple look and what a surprise I got...totally decieved and loving it!

    hugs
    Andy
    theblacklabelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice outfit
    Very cool pics too
    good made :)
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/03/200-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous blog and i love your outfit! especially those glasses - they're so on point<3 [:
    keep up with the great work, looking forward to seeing more from you!
    by the way, would you be interested to follow each other? if so, let me know!

    Xxx
    www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your photos you are so much fun;) and i think you styled those pants perfectly with those socks!
    have a great week!
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler